PYXERA Global Recruitment 2017 , PYXERA Global, a Washington, D.C. based nonprofit organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to be based full-time in Kano, Nigeria with regular travel to other project locations in Jigawa and Katsina states.
PYXERA Global is currently implementing an agriculture development program in Nigeria funded by The Rockefeller Foundation that aims to reduce post-harvest loss along the tomato value chain.
PYXERA Global Recruitment 2017
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide technical expertise for project monitoring and evaluation related activities and team training.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will report directly to the Nigeria YieldWise Project Director and will have the following responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation related responsibilities
- Management of field project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Create and revise field data collection tools and procedure (logframe, project performance tracking against targets, indicators, data flow charts and M&E manual) with HQ support
- Provide training to team on M&E tools and procedures
- Suggest effective and efficient ways to facilitate field data collection and the flow of data within the team
- Ensure accuracy and quality data collection, including conducting field visits
- Ensure proper and regular updating of the project database
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual project M&E quantitative reports
- Recommend to the Project Director tools and strategies to increase project performance and results
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in the existing data collection methods and management system, and propose solutions
- Conduct field assessments as necessary, analyse and report findings on post-harvest loss
- Manage M&E consultants for project surveys
Leadership and Management:
- Provide technical leadership for the monitoring and evaluation team
- Propose strategy to increase demand and data use among team members
- Support project staff in identifying project information needs
- Ensure the collation of the weekly quantitative performance reports
- Ensure timely responses to data requests from the Project Director and HQ staff
Requirements, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of M&E work experience, preferably in agricultural development
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection and management tools and applications such as CommCare, SPSS, and STATA, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Experience in program design and M&E planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with international development principles and practices
- Fluency in English and Hausa required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com by September 5th, 2017. In the subject line of the email please write, “PYXERA Global Nigeria Yield Wise – Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate your availability and earliest start date in your email and/or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered and phone calls will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about PYXERA Global Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment section below or subscribe to receive email updates.