The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Officer, NOA
- This job is found in Country Office (CO), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ).
- The Job holder in the field typically reports to the Country Director or the designate.
- The Job holder in RBs or HQ typically reports to a more senior Administration Officer.
- The Job holder is likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Job Requirements
- University Degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps Core Organazational Capabilities:
- This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Has gained experience in Administration.
- Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day to day work.
- Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
Business Support Services & Reporting:
- Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering:
- Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management for Administration and Engineering:
- Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialized Knowledge in Administrative Services:
- Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
- Pro-actively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: