The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
Job Title: Clinical Intern
Job ID: 13-9673
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: State Team Leader
- The key objective of the clinical intern position is to support the delivery and optimization of quality HIV services across supported facilities.
- This is especially critical in the era of implementation of the Test and Treat guidelines and the assurance of quality services delivery according to national and donor requirements.
- The clinical intern will work with the Clinical Advisor to bridge gaps in service delivery both at the comprehensive care and treatment sites and also the PMTCT stand-alone sites.
- Provide supportive supervision and mentoring of clinicians/facility focal persons on the 2016 new national treatment guidelines.
- Coordinate with the health facility management/focal persons to determine critical needs/gaps and liaise with Clinical Advisor to resolve those challenges.
- Mentor staff in relevant health units of the facility to correctly fill out the PMM registers and do periodic quality checks on the data. Focus to be on correctness of entries in registers and extent of SIMS requirements fulfillment.
- Ensure the availability of ALL relevant SIMS documents and in all supported facilities at all times.
- With the clinical advisor, periodically organize CME to support service delivery gaps e.g IPT implementation, etc.
- Report results achievement and challenges to Clinical Advisor according to agreed project timelines.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Clinical Advisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Intern will be a Medical Doctor with at least 1 year of clinical work experience in a busy ART treatment centre.
- She/he must have a thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs in Nigeria, including current technical knowledge.
- Good computer skills particularly in excel and word.
- Excellent inter-personal, team building skills and ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner with stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Registered with the relevant professional body (Nigeria Medical and Dental Council).
Application Deadline: 26th september, 2017.