John Snow Incorporated Recruitment 2017…. John Snow Incorporated (JSI) – MEASURE Evaluation is funded by USAID to strengthen capacity in developing countries to gather, interpret, and use data to improve health.
We create tools and approaches for rigorous evaluations, providing evidence to address health challenges. And we strengthen health information systems so countries can make better decisions and sustain good health outcomes over time.
John Snow Incorporated Recruitment 2017
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical and Market Lead Country Coordinator
- Subcutaneous DMPA (DMPA-SC) Technical and Market Lead (TML) is a three-year project led by PATH. John Snow Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a sub-grantee to PATH. DMPA-SC is an innovative subcutaneous injectable contraceptive that currently being introduced in many countries, with a focus on increasing women’s access to safe, effective contraception within a context of contraceptive method mix and informed choice.
- He/she will support routine coordination with the MOH and country partners, assisting partners to monitor DMPA-SC introduction and scale up progress.
- The DMPA-SC TML project will work with country stakeholders and facilitate coordination of DMPA-SC introduction and scale up planning in 8 – 12 priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. Nigeria is a proposed priority country and JSI will provide lead support for the project in Nigeria.
- Each priority country will have a TML coordinator. In Nigeria, the TML coordinator will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to facilitate and coordinate efforts to ensure successful DMPA-SC introduction and scale-up.
- The coordinator will provide support that is complementary to existing and potential DMPA-SC introduction and scale up efforts; this complementary support will help avoid duplication, address existing gaps and ensure added value.
- Work with existing MOH-led Family Planning Program Technical Working Group (FPTWG) to ensure project adds value in support of the development and implementation of the DMPA-SC introduction/scale up plan
- Support the MOH/FPTWG and relevant family planning partners to develop a comprehensive, total-market, country-level introduction/integration plan for DMPA-SC. Includes
- Gathering key information required for the introduction plan, including information on potential introduction channels and the costs of implementing the plan.
- Facilitating participation in the TML Learning and Action Networks (LANs).
- Monitor and report to the TML global team on routine indicators and overall progress so that information feeds into the global monitoring and learning system.
- For day to day operations, the TML Country Coordinator will report to the Country Program Leader (JSI field office leader).
- Supporting development and use of a monitoring plan and supporting indicators to monitor progress and identify bottlenecks
- Support MOH to regularly convene country stakeholders to
- report on plan implementation progress and monitor indicators
- identify technical assistance needs and funding gaps and mobilize in country solutions (where possible). For those issues not addressed incountry, elevate to the TML global team for assistance.
- Support capacity building and systems strengthening efforts to ensure DMPA-SC introduction and scale up can be sustained. Includes
- Sharing tools, resources, and methodologies among all stakeholders to build capacity and ownership; foster learning and best practices.
- The Country Coordinator will receive regular technical backstopping and support from the TML’s Regional Technical Advisors.
- Working knowledge of the country-level family planning environment, partners, and programs, especially relevant Ministry of Health and other government agencies and officials responsible for family planning activities and strategies.
- Contraceptive prevalence and method use data from sources such as Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS), and FP2020 resources.
- Regional and national health service delivery data (facilities, coverage, numbers and types of health service providers)
- Public and NGO training approaches and curricula for various cadre of health service providers
- Health service delivery monitoring data from national HMIS
- Logistics data from LMIS or warehouse management system(s)
- Locally-available information on the cost of plan activities such as service delivery, training, demand creation, etc.
- Familiarity with the country-level donor landscape for family planning, including USAID, DFID, and UNFPA as well as activities supported by other donors (e.g., Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, CIFF, DfID. UNFPA).
- Basic understanding of the range of public and private delivery channels for contraceptive products and services, including public sector facilities, community-based delivery mechanisms/programs, non-governmental (NGOs) structures, and private delivery mechanisms (social marketing, pharmacies, drug shops).
- Conversant with and able to identify/obtain data and information relevant to the introduction planning, including (but not limited to):
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and coordinate diverse partners representing a range of organizations to focus on shared goals and objectives, and track ongoing implementation and results.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in international development, preferably in the health or family planning field, in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in the MS Office package, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to coordinate varied tasks, work independently and manage work plan
- Ability to work with a team that is based in various locations
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, International Development, Health Management, or other field related to family planning/product introduction and program implementation; or documented equivalent experience in related field.
- Excellent writing, communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective representation of the project and JSI
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply